Are you looking for internships in Reno? Work Live Play Reno Tahoe publishes a monthly internship cheat sheet so you can have quick access to internships in the Reno-Sparks region. Searching for a job is exhausting, especially if you are new in town or looking to relocate and don’t have the social connections needed to get your foot in the door. We get it. That is why we’ve put together a quick access guide listing many of the positions that need to be filled right away and the companies that are actively looking for internship candidates to hire.
As an intern, you will have the chance to work with experienced professionals and gain hands-on experience in your field. You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills, build connections, and gain valuable insight into the industry. Internships provide a great way to start your career and make meaningful contributions to companies and communities. At the end of the list, check out our tips for snagging the best internship positions.
Below is a list of available internships posted by our partner companies and directions on how to apply.
Redwood Materials is seeking an entrepreneurial summer Mechanical Engineering Intern to support their pilot and commercial scale production operations. Apply now for this Summer 2024 There are so many opportunities at Redwood Materials. Please explore their website CLICK HERE
Sherwin Williams in Fernley, NV is currently hiring for a Human Resources Department Intern for their 12 week summer internship program. Apply on LinkedIn.
Sierra Nevada Corporation SNC
Start your career with some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the country. Get your hands on actual projects, and at the same time, prepare for a truly awesome career in aerospace and defense. SNC Interns have the unique experience of getting both mentoring and coaching while working side by side with recognized industry experts on real-world assignments directly related to their field of study. Summer internships are typically 10-12 weeks starting in late May/early June and work an average of 40 hours a week. Depending on satisfactory completion of certain criteria during your internship, you may be considered for a full-time position upon graduation.
- Human Resources Intern Apply on SNC’s website
City of Sparks
Work for an organization that is dedicated to the community, you will also receive generous and competitive pay.
- Police Department Intern Temporary, Apply on GovernmentJobs.com
- Special Events Coordinator – Temporary, Apply on GovernmentJobs.com
Panasonic is looking for Interns. Learn the quality systems for Li-ion battery manufacturing processes.
- Cell & Process Engineering Intern (PENA) Apply on ZipRecruiter
- Digital Transformation Intern (PENA) Apply on ZipRecruiter
- Chemistry Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
- Controls -Vision Engineering Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
- Customer Quality Engineering Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
- Equipment Engineering Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
- Facilities Engineer Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
- Finance & Accounting Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
- IT Infrastructure Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
- Maintenance – Process Improvement Intern (PENA) Apply on Panasonic’s website
Uline Internships (Summer 2024)
Gain hands-on knowledge in several warehouse departments rotating your time among order fulfillment, shipping, operations, inventory control and more! Apply for the Warehouse Management Internship.
Tesla START Manufacturing Program, Gigafactory Nevada
Tesla is seeking high school diploma or GED, and post-secondary trade education level candidates to assemble electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment for production. Apply for a variety of internship opportunities.
- Program Manager, Semi Service (Summer 2024) – Apply on company website
- 1 Year Rotational People Internship – Apply on company website
- Recruiting Internship (Summer 2024) – Apply on company website
- FP&A & Business Operations (Summer 202040 – Apply on company website
- Manufacturing Development Program – Apply on company website
Hamilton Company is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Intern.
Haws is looking for
- Engineering intern to assist project engineering staff with new product development projects, product updates and cost-out initiatives. Apply on the company website.
- Finance Intern – Apply on company website
Helix Electric Project Engineer Spring 2024, Summer 2024 and Fall 2024
As an intern at Helix Electric, you will be trusted with meaningful responsibilities that have a lasting impact on the projects you touch. This hands-on approach to learning coupled with our top-notch mentor program affords all Helix interns the opportunity to develop skills that ensure their continued growth well beyond graduation. Our University Relations Team is dedicated to ensuring all interns have an experience where they learn, grow, and contribute value. To provide a well-rounded experience, all interns are exposed to a variety of project types, phases of construction, and project teams. Join Team Helix to empower people and power projects. Apply on company website
Come work for a company known for iconic brands: Reddi-wip, Slim Jim, Angie’s BOOMCHICKPOP, Chef Boyardee, Swiss Miss and more! Environmental Health and Safety Internship – Apply on LinkedIn
James Hardie Building Products, Inc
James Hardie Building Products Inc. is the North American leader in fiber cement home siding and exterior design solutions. They are looking for an engineering intern for manufacturing. Apply on Indeed
Light & Wonder
Welcome to the world of land-based gaming. Light & Wonder’s gaming team builds cutting-edge technology, products, and content for the most iconic casinos and operators across the globe. They are looking for a Software Engineer Intern in Gaming. Apply on the company website
Tips to Snag the Best Internship
What are some tips for snagging an internship?
- Research Available Internships: Do research and reach out to companies who you are interested in working with. Look for internships in your desired field and apply to those that fit your skills and interests.
- Prepare a Strong Resume and Cover Letter: Create a resume and cover letter that highlight your skills and experiences to make yourself stand out from other applicants.
- Network: Attend job fairs and industry events to meet potential employers and learn about internship opportunities.
- Follow-Up: After you have applied for an internship, follow up with the employer to ensure that your application was received and to express your enthusiasm for the position.
- Utilize Social Media: Use social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and Twitter, to connect with professionals in your field and increase your chances of finding an internship.
Work Live Play Reno Tahoe is a community-wide initiative powered by EDAWN to recruit skilled workers with all levels of expertise to join the Northern Nevada workforce. Get started by submitting your resume, browse hiring companies, and connect directly with Lindsey, our Community Liaison who will help lead your quest for employment. Working Remotely? Check out our extensive list of Remote Worker Resources. Students can also participate! Visit our new Student Portal to start making connections for your future.
About the Author
Lindsey Rowles is an award-winning digital content strategist located in Reno, Nevada. From exploring nearby attractions to embarking on distant adventures, Lindsey and her family love to discover new places. Every month, you can catch her News and Events review on WorkLivePlayRenoTahoe.com – a feature you won’t find anywhere else.